Monday, July 14, 2008

7/14/08



Hi everyone,

I thought, since the Haiti blog has been going so well, that I would create one for our family. Since a lot of you live far away, it's a good way for us to keep in touch, let you know what's going on with us and show you pictures and videos.

So, check back often for updates. I think there's a way to sign up to get an email when I post something new, but I'm not sure how to do it yet.

Eric is in Haiti right now, he'll be home this Wednesday. He's been having an amazing time and I can't wait to hear all about everything they've done and experienced and see his pictures and video. I will put some on here when I can.

Things have been pretty calm here since he's been gone.

Helayna was at church camp, so Mia and I were home alone for 3 days. We missed them, but we survived. She's been really good so that's been a blessing. She's been sleeping on a mattress in my room,too. I get lonely, ya know!

Mia had swim class today and is doing so well! Her teacher says that not many kids catch on so fast and can hold their breath for so long! She stays under so long that we start to get worried!

She loves it, though, and is such a little fish! I think she may be on the swim team in the future.

Helayna had a great time at church camp with Parkway. They were gone from Sunday-Friday. They did all kinds of fun and crazy things, like a zip line,canoes, playing bumper soccer, etc...It was a good bonding time for her and her friends, too. They get into small groups after the message and talk about some serious things. It's good for her.

Eric just started a new position at Sprint so he'll be going into the office a couple days a week, unlike the other position where he worked at home most of the time. His office is an hour and 1/2 away, so the gas was killing us but he traded in his Jeep Wrangler for a small car that gets much better gas mileage, so that should help.

As for me, I'm just enjoying having the girls home for the summer and not having too many commitments. With Helayna starting school in the fall for the first time since kindergarten, I'm trying to get used to the idea. it's going to be so different for all of us! Hopefully, it'll be a good experience. I think she's ready and I have to trust that I've given her a good foundation with our homeschooling. i will miss her, though:(

Well, that's it for now...more later.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a beautiful entry! Thanks so much for sharing that with me! She is a cutie!! Michelle Darden

Karenk said...

Love your blog and pics! Keep it up! I try to update mine at www.mommybizkaren.blogspot.com once a week or so. So glad she is enjoying school! Karen