Friday, March 13, 2009

Haiti mission trip pics




Here are some pictures from Eric's trip to Haiti. He is coming home tomorrow and although I know he misses us, he is sad to leave. He really loves it and I know he feels "at home" when he is there. I can tell, by just looking at the pictures of him, how happy he is. His face shows true joy and it's such an amazing thing for me to see. He is so stressed all the time from work and all the expectations on him, plus school and now leading up missions at church. It's a lot for one person to take on and it takes it's toll on him. I wish he could give something up, but I don't know what. Part of me hopes and prays that one day, he will be able to quit his sales job and do something full time with missions. I know that's what's in his heart and I don't even care about the money. We will figure it out and make it work. I just want him to be happy, and in turn, we will all be a happier family. I just hope that God will make it clear to him (and us) how this can happen.
If it were up to Eric, I think we'd move to Haiti and help the orphanage out full time. I just don't feel this is where we're meant to be, so I'm waiting to see if he comes up with anything else. I hope he does. I want to see him as happy here, as he is when he's helping out those kids in Haiti.
I know that God will show it to us, in time...we just have to be patient and wait...

1 comment:

Makin' Waves said...

Awesome! He was so happy and a great leader! Can't wait to see what God has planned for your family!