Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Is it Fall Yet?

Wow! I can't believe it's been 6 months since I last wrote. I don't know how time is going by SO fast, it's quite scary to be honest...
Although, I guess the summer is pretty busy so I don't really think about blogging. I'm thinking about swimming and having my kids home with me. Speaking of summer, we didn't do much this year. It's SOOO hot here in AZ that all I think about is getting away to cooler weather and we really didn't accomplish that. We pretty much lived in the pool! We swam almost every day or found something to do inside.
Mia is a little fish! She loves to jump in, and constantly swims underwater. She doesn't like to swim above the water, it's so funny! I thought maybe we'd have her join the swim team this year, but we didnt' end up doing it so maybe next year?
Sebastian loves the water and has no fear, which is a little scary...we definitely need to get him in Miss Paige's swim class next summer...I thought he'd be too young this year, but I think he could've done well.
Helayna enjoys sunbathing most, but definitely had her share of playing in the pool.
This school year, Helayna is a sophomore in high school (eek!), Mia is in 2nd grade (I cannot believe that!) and Seb is at home with me. He'll probably start preschool next fall. He loves playing with other kids and is very social, so I think he'll do well.
Mia got the same teacher for 2nd grade that she had for kindergarten, which was a true blessing. Her teacher is the sweetest woman and always smiling. She's so patient with the kids and I was so happy to hear she got her again. Last year was tough for Mia,so I'm hoping having this teacher will help her to have better year.
Mia started piano lessons over the summer and is doing SO well. Her teacher says she is her little protege. She picks it up really fast and seems to be enjoying it. They will have a little recital next year, so I'm looking forward to that. It makes me so happy to see her learning piano. I always wished I had, so she's living out my dream...haha!
She also started playing soccer a couple weeks ago. This is something she asked to do. It's so cute to see her running around...she's not too bad, actually! I think it'll be good for her to be part of a team. I can't wait til her first game...
Helayna is still in the medical program at school and taking Sports Medicine this year. She is learning so much and really loves it. She comes home and shows us what she learned. Some things have been different massage techniques, how to stop bleeding and pressure points.She has to shadow someone in the medical profession for a certain amount of hours for credit and yesterday she "interned" at our chiropractors office. It was so cute dropping her off and seeing her type on a "real" typewriter, which she had never even seen before! She stayed for about 4 hours and did office work, learned how to use some of the machines they use, watched people getting adjustments and listened when patients were shown their xrays, etc. (among other things, I'm sure) She really enjoyed it and will go back next week for a few more hours. I'm so proud of her and can really see her working in an office like that in the near future. She seems to love the medical profession and I love to see her enjoying learning. Have I mentioned that I'm proud of her? She joined a club at school called HOSA which "is a student organization whose mission is to promote career opportunities in health care and to enhance the delivery of quality health care to all people." They've had a couple meetings so far and they will be involved in competitions and other events this school year.
Helayna's also been volunteering at church in the childrens area. First she helped out with 1-2nd grade and now she's doing kindergarten. Mia loved having her in her class. She was even her teacher a few times! I think Mia liked telling people Helayna was her big sister! So cute...
That's all I really think of right now...it's late(as usual, when I write)...
Just thought I should update a little bit...
Thanks for reading...

No comments: